Today I was craving Chinese food so I made crispy tofu fried rice. It hit the spot.
Crispy Tofu Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Chili sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 3 large carrots diced small
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced small
- 2 cups rice
- 1 stalk of green onions diced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Cube tofu and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
2. While the tofu is baking, in a pan sauté the veggies in olive oil. While everything is cooking, cook rice according to box or package.
3. In a bowl mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce and ginger. Pour over veggies and add the rice.
4. “Fry” the rice and veggies on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Add tofu and green onions.
5. Plate and garnish with more diced green onions if you want